Friday, November 11, 2011

11-11-11


Maybe its just me being silly but it seems like there's something special about having a calendar date of 11-11-11.  Sure, we've had special dates every year since the millenium, but none with all the same numbers.  (I know, if you write it as 11/11/2011 then its not all the same numbers...but this is as close as it gets.)

Anyway, I think its pretty neat and so, to observe the once-every-100-years-occurrence, I plan to watch for ways to be a help and a blessing (anonymously, if possible) to my friends, family, coworkers...anyone I encounter during my day.  

We usually go through our days in "automatic" mode, entrenched in our routine ways of thinking, feeling, working, talking and interacting.  I wonder what will happen as I consciously try to think and act more positively and kindly, searching first for the good instead of knee-jerk-reacting to the bad.  I think its worth the effort.

"Finally...whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable,  - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - think about such things."  Phil. 4:8
Blessings,
Gramma Sheri

3 comments:

  1. Ah -- last year we had 10-10-10, which was pretty awesome (especially since it was my birthday -- LOL!) I think it's really neat that it's Veteran's Day, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a wonderful picture! Hope your day was as special as that photo! And I do love that scripture - perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful picture! I went through 11-11-11 working and realized at the end of the day it was a cool date. I love that you think of such things and take action. It is on my bucket list to notice such things ahead of time one day. -- Janet

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...