Monday, April 2, 2012

Something to Post About

OK, so yeah, I haven't been posting much lately.  Thing is, I've been so busy!  

MIL's 91st birthday. 

Guests. 

Vest Front
Vest Back
Shop Hop (at the quilt hop where I work PT) which meant sewing a new 

<---VEST--->

for the Great Fabric Roundup,
 making a lot of earrings to replenish my supply at the shop, cutting strips for jelly rolls, working some extra hours. 





Finishing up this: 


I love this pattern (The Creative Thimble Professional Tote) but it isn't one you just whip up in an afternoon.  At least, I don't! Feels so good to get a project done.

Now, to finish up my part in the preparations for my Mom's 80th birthday party which we've titled "A Sonoran Desert Ball".  I finished designing the program today and will get it to the printer tomorrow.  The photo sleeves have arrived (at the ball, guests will have their photos taken and printed, inserted in these sleeves and sent home with them).  I have my ball gown (two, actually...found one I liked better after I purchased the first one) and accessories.  Still need shoes though.  And printer cartridges and photo paper.  Selected photos for the slide show and my scrapbook page for Mom's memory book.  And finished re-knotting her pearl necklace.

 My siblings have been busy hiring a DJ, renting tables/chairs/linens, selecting table settings/decorations, procuring lighting, designing/sending invitations, hiring servers and parking valets, and making/freezing TONS of hot, cold and sweet hors d'oeuvres.  Plus sewing Snow White and Belle costumes for the Little Mr/Miss Ball that will be held simultaneously for the little ones.   
So I got easy jobs: program and photography.

Celebrations are fun AND a lot of work! I'm just glad I still have my Mom to fuss over and have parties for and spend time sewing with and have shopping days with and receive phone calls (and advice) from. (Yeah I know about run-on sentences and ending with prepositions...sometimes I just want to. heh heh heh) 

Good Times.

Now, back to my remaining tasks...

grammasheri

3 comments:

  1. You are so busy with all the party celebrations but what a lot of fun.... and I just love those projects... those hunky spunky boys on the vest and a lovely bag with awesome map fabric... I especially like the Australia at the front..... fair dinkum...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the hunky guys on the vest!! :)
    Give your Mommy an extra hug for me! I miss mine every day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bought my shoes today and picked my dress up from the cleaners. Gonna have to just haul it with me--no time to ship. Do you have a steamer so I can iron out the creases?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...