Thursday, May 5, 2011

Oh Yes, I DO Still Quilt!

I finished this sampler quilt for the shop (Hearts and Hands Quilts) a couple of weeks ago but just figured out today how to get the photos transferred from my iPhone to my laptop. Wasn't hard, I was just putting it off. Technology doesn't intimidate me, I just get tired of it sometimes!  Its so needy and time-hoggish.  Anyway, back to quilts.  This pattern is called "Night Weave" (by Patricia Pepe) and uses the 7 1/2" X-Block ruler.  I used ombre fabrics in yellow/orange and blue/aqua (manufacturer?), with a black (Michael Miller) background.  The border is made from the wedge pieces left over from cutting the X-blocks, and the binding is left-over ombre fabric.  Almost ALL of the fabric was used up in the quilt...a first for me!  The quilt was simpler to construct than it looks and a fun way to use ombre fabrics.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...