Wednesday, June 26, 2013

And Now for Something Entirely Different...

Have had a few health challenges lately, so decided to kick the "poor me" mulligrubs...
by doing something different.  Something I haven't done for  awhile.

Something like...



THIS!

I like to make chainmaille pieces every so often.  
It's creative,
totally absorbing,
...and sometimes frustrating.

This is my very first Half Persian 3-in-1 weave.
And perhaps my last.  

I took a photo of the bracelet on my wrist, but my arm looked, well,
shriveled, dry, wrinkly, freckled, veiny and OLD.
It IS, but I don't want it to LOOK that way. 
I'm blaming it on the heat (109 tomorrow) and the humidity (5%).

Another off-quilting topic:


The BIG moon!

Taken with my iPhone, the picture is fuzzy and grainy.  And I like it.
Looks mysterious.  

So that's it.  
Back to quilting tomorrow.  Probably.

Happy Days,
Gramma Sheri

4 comments:

  1. How clever to make that amazing chain... looks very complicated... Hasn't the moon been lovely and big... I do like your picture too...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaha 5% humidity! One could only hope for that! We are set to be at 76% humidity and hit 91 degrees! How fun is that! But the bracelet is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Getting side tracked and temporarily going off track from the norm can be quite therapeutic. You now have a beautiful new bracelet and we've enjoyed a recent mysterious moon with you! Hope your coming days are better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool picture! I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...